Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Daily joy

I am sure most parents will understand what I mean when I say that I have found that once a day my kids do something that makes me happy, and once a day they do something that makes me angry. And once a day they do something that makes me laugh, and once a day they make me want to cry. And they make me frustrated, and proud, and just about every emotion a person can feel. Once a day, or at least once a day. But then there is something they do each day, whether it has been a good day or a bad day, which just amazes me and makes me say, "Man, that's why I love being a parent." Something that makes it all worthwhile, even, and perhaps, especially, on days when you were beginning to wonder.
Today's came at bedtime, when my 7-year old broke into a pretty darn good British accent out of nowhere, and kept it up, even as I asked her where she learned to do that and if she had done it before, and she claimed she had no idea.
Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every one of those moments because before you know they will be gone for college and "needing you no more"....or so they think! They will need you, just in a very different way!

    ReplyDelete